Department of Information & Public Relations (Hills) Dima Hasao District, Assam
· ABOUT US:
About I&PR (H)
The Department of Information and Public Relations which is also known as JANASANYOG has been working as the mouthpiece of the Government to reach to the people and to inform the Government regarding the public opinion. The Department is the linkage between the Government machinery and the people.
Administrative Set-up of the Department
The following administrative Establishments of the Department of Information and Public Relations are in existence in Dima Hasao to administer, supervise and look after the day to day activities of the Department.
1. Office of the Additional Director of Information and Public Relations (Hills), Assam, Haflong
The office is situated at Upper Bageter and was established in the year 1980 as the Zonal Head of North Cachar Hills and Karbi Anglong District for looking after the implementation of departmental activities. At that time, the responsibility of the office was planning, budgetary works and administrative works for both the Hill Districts of Assam. Later on as per MoU agreement in the year 1996, this office became the Zonal Head of the Department in Dima Hasao and in respect of the Karbi Anglong District, this office only controls the Non Salary Components under the Non Plan Sector.
2. Office of the District Information and Public Relations Officer (DIPRO), Haflong
District Information and Public Relations Officer (DIPRO) is responsible for implementation of the objectives of the Department in the District. The office was established in the year 1979 and the office is situated at the Old Dak Bunglow Building at Haflong in the office campus of Deputy Commissioner.
3. Office of the Sub Divisional Information and Public Relations Officer (SDIPRO), Maibang
At the Sub-Divisional level the responsibility lays with the Sub Divisional Information and Public Relations Officer (SDIPRO). The office was established in the year 1993 and is situated in a rented house at Maibang near Maibang Police Station.
The Powers and duties of its Officer and employees:
· The Additional Director of Information and Public Relations (Hills), Assam, Haflong, who is the Zonal Head of the Department in Dima Hasao is to administer, supervise and look after the day to day activities of the Department. The responsibility of the office is for planning, budgetary works and administrative works for Dima Hasao District of Assam.
· District and Sub-divisional Information and Public Relations Officers are entrusted to function as ear and voice of the Government in the field level. These officers frequently organize various exercises to generate and mould public opinion in support of the policies of the Government through means of audio visual media etc.
· District and Sub-divisional Information and Public Relations Officers also have the responsibility of preparing Speeches, Messages etc. for VIPs on all the important occasions. Moreover, coverage of Government functions and VIP programmes are also done by them.
· The DIPRO and SDIPRO functions 365 days throughout the year and prepares, handles and disseminate official news backed by photographs, where necessary to the print and electronic media. Clarification etc. against faulty news and views published in the media are issued by them.
The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability:
The Department of Information and Public Relations is under the Administrative control of the N C Hills Autonomous Council and all the staffs are under its control and deputed by the State government. As per the Government guidelines and as per the approval and recommendation of the N C Hills Autonomous Council the decision making process is done.
The main activities of the Department are:
v The Department of Information and Public Relations which is popularly known as JANASANYOG has been working as the mouthpiece of the Government to reach to the people and to inform the Government regarding the public opinion. The Department is the linkage between the Government machinery and the people.
v Dissemination of news, features and articles regarding developmental schemes, relief, disaster, law and order and other programmes through print and electronic media, photo and Video documentation of all important events, publication of posters, booklets, Newsletter, production of TV quickies and CDs, have been regularly done for ensuring greater public awareness about Council�s and Govt’s efforts for peace, progress and harmony. The Department is also providing Cinema Slides on various awareness topics regularly to the local Cinema Halls for screening.
The facilities available to citizens for obtaining information from the Department are:
Shri Samuel Changsan
Hon’ble Executive Member, NCHAC
Smti. Purabi Phonglo (Bodo)
District Information & Public Relations Officer &
i/c Addl. Director Information & Public Relations
Shri. Lalhmachhuana Joute
Sub Division Information & Public Relations Officer
At the office of ADIPR
1. Smti. Purnima Hakmaosa, Dimasa Translator
2. Sri. Chandra Kishore Sharma, Stenographer.
3. Sri. Bhabesh Chandra Sarmah, UDA
4. Sri. Babul Langthasa, Accountant.
5. Sri. Pailian Hrangkhol, Photographer
6. Sri. Laldikzuala Nampui, Artist.
7. Sri. Tajuddin Ahmed Choudhury, LDA cum Typist
8. Smt. Binata Dibragede, LDA
9. Sri. Samuel Lalrinoma Nampui, Driver.
10. Sri. Vanlalngaka Darnei, Duftry
11. Sri. Rualkhuma Biate, Chowkidar
12. Smt. Chalanta Warisa, Peon.
At the office of DIPRO
1. Smt. Nengkholhing Doungel, UDA
2. Sri. Roipuiliana Darnei, Technician
3. Sri. Taliang Jeme, Operator
4. Sri. Pauchalung Kabui
5. Sri. Lalbahadur Chetri
6. Sri. Lalsiemlien Changsan
At the office of SDIPRO
1. Sri. Wangneikambe Jeme, UD Assistant
2. Smti. Monjola Nabensa, LD Assistant
3. Shri. Sanjit Langthasa, Operator
4. Sri. Joyanta Kemprai, Peon-cum-Chawkidar
R IGHT TO INFORMATION
Site best viewed in Internet Explorer on 1024 x 768 resolution
WEBSITE DESIGNED & MAINTAINED BY DIPR, Dima Hasao, HAFLONG
HOSTED BY NATIONAL INFORMATICS CENTRE, Dima Hasao DISTRICT UNIT
© Copyright DIPR, Dima Hasao, 2015